Monday, August 30, 2010

Runny nose and coughs

Well, it happened. Landon got his first school cold. That didn't take long, huh? :) All last week he came home tired and didn't really want to eat much. I figured at first he wasn't really hungry, but then realized when he started sneezing that it was something more than that. On Thursday, he started running a temperature so we kept him home from school on Friday. We visited Dr. LaCroix just to make sure, and she reassured us that it was just a cold.

When I email Landon's teacher on Thursday evening to let her know that Landon wouldn't be at school on Friday, she told me that something was going around the classroom. Two out of three of his teachers (his teacher and his teacher's helper which they call "paras") went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon and were told they have a virus. Some of the kids had runny noses and were coughing. All in the first full week of school! :)

Over the weekend Landon started feeling much better and wasn't running a temperature anymore so I sent him to school today. I could tell he was excited to get back. :)

Now, of course, I have the cold that Landon shared with me...goody!...and with not very many medications to take, it's not very fun. :(

No comments: