Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby news

Little baby number two has been doing great! I went in for a 12 week doctor appointment a couple of weeks ago and got to listen to the heartbeat. She used the doppler machine on my belly. At first, we couldn't find the baby. Dr. NewMyer (my OB and the woman that delivered Landon) said she could hear the baby moving around in there, but couldn't find it. She searched for what felt like an eternity, and finally found it way down in my pelvis. I guess it was playing a game of hide-and-seek. :) The heartbeat was fast and she said it sounded good, which eased my mind.

We talked about the plans for this baby. I wondered if she was going to treat me as a high-risk case like she did with Landon. She reassured me that she felt like the chances of the same situation arising again were very low. The chances of getting a another baby like Landon are 1 in 100,000. She also told me that we found out very early with Landon (in the 3rd month I was pregnant), so if it was to happen again, we would find out in the next ultrasound, and then we would talk about being seen by a high-risk doctor. I was really happy to hear that she wasn't worried about it. It put my mind at ease. I was, however, pretty bummed that I wouldn't get as many ultrasounds with this baby as I did with Landon. (I got them every doctors appointment.) ;) I love watching them swim around in there.

I've been feeling better. I don't have anymore nausea (YEA!!!) and I've been getting my normal appetite back. I have been craving the flavor of pickles and mustard (but not always together). I got a Subway veggie sandwich the other day with both on it, and couldn't stop eating it. :) I was craving a lot of sweets at first, and caught myself. I don't want to get as big as a house! ;)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Pickles & mustard??? You are too funny!

Darn, I was looking forward to those ultrasound pics too...guess we'll just have to be patient (ugh). :)

Love you!
Mom/Nonna