Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Visiting with the baby doctor

I went in for my 16 week check-up today with Dr. NewMyer. Her nurse took my blood to do a quad-screening. For those of you that don't know what that is, they take some of my blood to determine if the baby has down's syndrome or spina bifida. Here's a link if you would like to know more. I wasn't excited about doing this test, not only because it doesn't really matter to me, but because they have to take my blood to do it. If you know me at all, I HATE needles and getting my blood drawn...with a passion. We decided to do it just so we know in case there is something wrong.

Other than that, my visit to the doctor was pretty uneventful. We listened to the heartbeat, but I didn't get to have an ultrasound. :( I'll be 20 weeks my next appointment on the 8th of September. That's when we will find out if this baby is a boy or a girl!!! We're excited to know. :)

No comments: