Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The last hoo-rah!


On Thursday my little man will officially be a preschooler!! I think he's really going to like it, although I'm starting get nervous. Not because I don't think he will like it or have fun, but because I'm leaving my little boy at preschool. I've never been away from him a day in his life. I think I'm going to have more separation anxiety than he his.

To celebrate the last few days of "freedom" we decided to take Landon to the Children's museum. As I'm said in the past, they have something called "Carefree Kids" night for children who have compromised immune systems. It just so happened to be yesterday evening, so we took Landon to have a little fun.

We've been watching a lot of the movie "Bolt", and Landon has grown to love anything with a dog on it. The Children's Museum had Clifford the Big Red Dog for their exhibit this time. Landon LOVED it!!!!! We took him up there first thing, and he didn't want to see anything else. We stayed in that exhibit for an hour and a half just letting him run around and play. He had so much fun looking at everything. Of course, I took lots of pictures. :)



He was so excited! Notice his feet...he just couldn't get there fast enough!


He found this book, which he fell in love with. We came back to see the book a few times...just a few. :)


He liked this little "sandbox". It had a sand castle made from stacking different shapes on top of one another.



Asking Dad for a little assistance...


Clifford's dog bowl full of bones.


Had to go back to check on the book...


First he saw the rug...then he saw Clifford on the rug...then he noticed the letters on the Clifford rug...It made for a very excited Landon. :)


Touching Clifford's big nose


Delivering (or stuffing) some mail into the mailbox


Back to look at the book.....again...


Delivering more mail


Takin' a cruise...


Don't be scared Dad, I got this!


Oh dad! Stop looking so worried...I don't even have to look, see??


Landon was trying to pull the car. He didn't understand why it didn't work the same way that his little cars at home do.



Back to the book...again. Note the excitement on my face. :)


Hungry Landon??


Playing the bongos...



As you can tell, Landon had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave. One of the girls that was working there remembered us from the last time we came to Carefree Kids. Her and I were talking when we were leaving and I made a comment to her about the gift shop not being open. She asked us if we were looking for something in particular and Braydon just mentioned that Landon loves books. We were hoping they had some Clifford books to remember the occasion by. She said she would be right back, left, and came back with 5 different Clifford books for Landon to take home. She said that Scholastic Inc. (a publisher of a lot of children's books) gave them a bunch of books to give out to kids. Landon was the lucky one that got 5!! :) It made Landon's night and he thanked her for them. Of course, he HAD to sleep with them that night. :)

Well, I'll post some pictures of me crying on the first day of school later. ;) Just kidding....hopefully. He's gonna do great!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This latest blog made me smile so BIG! Landon is looking so grown up and you can really see how much progress he is making.

Love you all!
Nonna/Mom