Thursday, August 19, 2010

FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!


Well, my little man is officially a preschooler! He was so excited this morning to go to school. He kept asking me when we were going to get in the car....even before breakfast. :) He did a lot of excited squealing when it was actually time to go.

Yesterday we went to the open house for his preschool and the kids got to come in and explore the classroom. Landon immediately found the cars and started playing. He shared some of the cars with another little boy named Christian who was being a little shy. After more roaming around, Landon found the book corner where there was a book about cats. He wanted to take it home with him and I had to tell him that he could play with it while he was at school, but it was Mrs. Sanders' (his teacher) book. He put it back, but continually asked for it last night.

This morning when we entered the classroom, I was trying to get him to pay attention to putting his backpack on his hook, but you could tell he was looking around to find the book. :) The kid doesn't forget anything!! :) I spent some time with him trying to get him to sit on the rug for circle time with the other kids, but he wasn't having it. I had to leave so they could start class, and I noticed that he had found the book and was walking around with it. He's so persistent!!! :)


Landon is so excited to go to school! He didn't even want to take pictures!


A picture with Mom before we left...he's asking about the cat book, if you are wondering what he's doing. The kid has a memory like an elephant!


Waiting in line out in front of the preschool to go inside. As you can tell...he's ready!

I got in my car after dropping him off and had no clue what to do with myself. I thought about crying, but I didn't feel the need to. Landon made it too easy for me not to. I think he was really ready to start school and be with other kids. I'm so glad we did this for him.

Heidi (his nurse) told me he did great in class today!!!! I was so excited to hear that after I left they were able to corral him to the circle to join the other kids. When I picked him up he had a picture of Lightning McQueen that he had colored and was so excited to show it to me. :) His teachers said he did great and he even had a great report in his backpack from the teacher. :) I was so proud of him!!

A picture of Landon at preschool with his name tag on. :)


Now, we're off to therapy with Ashley...wish us luck! :)

2 comments:

Shell said...

He is such a big boy! They grow up so fast. So when you are getting the book about cats?

Megan Roberts said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad he loved it! I hope you had a relaxing few hours to yourself too!