Saturday, October 9, 2010

A trip away from my little man...

At the end of September, my step-sister, Nicole, was getting married in New Orleans.  She asked me to be a part of her special day as one of her bridesmaids.  We thought about taking Landon with us for the festivities, but with all the medical supplies and machines, we thought it was best for him and Braydon to stay behind.  Braydon told me that I needed a vacation anyways, so I embraced it and decided to invite my best friend Carla to be my date.  I was so excited when she agreed to go with me!

We had a lot of fun hanging out with my mom and Paul seeing the sites of New Orleans.  We stayed at the Royal Sonesta Hotel which is off of Bourbon Street.  Here are some pictures I took:

Me and my mom in the hotel room
Paul, me and my mom in the lobby of the hotel
A couple of pictures of Bourbon Street

Yummy beignets from Cafe Du Monde
My beautiful friend Carla
Canal Street
Night of the Rehearsal dinner...waiting by the fountain at the hotel
Me and my step-sister Kelli at the rehearsal dinner
Carla and I at the rehearsal dinner
Taking a ride on the trolley car, which we found out was pretty pointless
I'll have to put up some pictures from the wedding later.  Carla has all of those pictures on her camera.   All-in-all, we had a great time. It was fun to get away for a long weekend.

No comments: