Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just a tummy check

We took Landon to see Dr. Zapata today.  His last appointment was six months ago, so we were due to go in.  Everything went great!  Landon's following the growth curve very nicely now since we gave him a couple extra ounces of formula during the day.  Even with not feeling well the past week and a half, he has kept up with where he needs to be!  That's really nice because normally he would lose a little bit of weight or stay the same while he was sick and then we'd have to play catch-up.  Who likes doing that??  ...not me!!

Dr. Zapata seemed pretty impressed with how much food Landon was taking orally.  He said to just keep it up.  I wanted to get an idea of how much food a typical 3 year old eats because I wanted to have some sort of goal for Landon to get to.  Since I don't have anything to compare him to, I rely on the doctors to give me this insight.  I feel like he should be eating more for his age, but I don't want to be pushing too much if there is no need for it.  He said that the dietician could give me a better answer on that, and he would have her call me.

All-in-all, he didn't seem too concerned about Landon or his growth.  He said to keep doing monthly weight checks just so we could keep track of his weight in case he was to lose too much.  Other than that, we don't need to see him for another 9 months!!!  I was excited to hear that cause that means he's doing well enough to not need to be seen as often...always a good sign. :)

As we were leaving the office, Heidi and I were expressing how excited we were to not have to come back for a while.  I got to thinking about where we would be in 9 months.  Landon will almost be 4 and we will have a 5 month old little girl.  How exciting!  I'm so excited for the changes in our family in the upcoming months.  Life is good. :)

No comments: