Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Landon's baby sister!!!!!

We found out that Landon will have a baby sister!!

I had my 20 week appointment with my doctor today.  We had scheduled an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby and to make sure everything was going great.  Braydon went with me to this appointment.  It was so much fun to have him there with me.

We got to see the baby first before we saw Dr. NewMyer.  I was excited that I didn't have to wait!  The technician was so nice that did the ultrasound and was willing to wait for the baby to give us a good picture.  She did some regular ultrasound pictures and then she also did some 4D ones where we got to watch her move around in real time!!  The technology has changed so much in just the 3 years since we've had Landon!!!  She was a busy bug and moved around a lot, making it difficult for the technician to get her measurements.  Thank goodness the technician was patient. :)  She measured in at 8.8" tall and she weighs 12 oz. right now.  That's in the 65th percentile, so she's right around where she needs to be. :)

I know that some of these pictures might need a little explanation.  The first two are some of the images she got from the 4D ultrasound.  The rest are just the regular ultrasound pics...


This one is of our little girl's face.  She spent most of the ultrasound batting at the umbilical cord that was brushing on her face.  I guess it was tickling her. :)


This one is another one of her face, but she has her fist up to her mouth.  You can make out her eye and nose above her fist.  The umbilical cord is to her arm's left.


Just a profile picture.  You can see her spine to the right.


A little baby foot. :)


This is a picture of her cute belly.  The circle in the middle is what will be her belly button.


Finally, the "girl parts".  Honestly, I'm not even sure what I'm looking at here.  The arrow is pointing to the parts.  The things to the right and left of where the arrow is pointing is her little butt cheeks.  I guess it's like looking at her sitting on glass and you are looking up.  I think the rest of it is parts of arms and legs, but I'm not sure.

It was a fun day!  I was so happy to get to watch her swim around, and so happy that I got to experience it with Braydon.  We're really excited to get the ball moving and start setting up her room. :)  Let the fun begin!!!  What to buy first???? :)

No comments: