Saturday, October 8, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011

I've been starting to have a little bit of the "same-stuff-different-day" syndrome.  I decided I wanted to get out and do something I hadn't done before.  At the last minute I decided I wanted to walk in the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" walk/run.  It's an event that goes on around the United States to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.

My friend Pyper and her daughter Roslyn joined us bright and early to walk a mile for the race.  We're going to say it was a race, but it was more of a leisurely stroll for me and Pyper.  Pyper is 7 months pregnant.  With twins...yes, twins.  She is super woman. :)  She walked with the best of them!  We did great and enjoyed every minute of our "stroll". :)

I also decided to have a goal to raise $146 for the Susan G. Komen foundation.  That's how much it is for a digital mammogram in the state of Nebraska.  I'm proud to say with the help of my friends and family I raised $150 in about 4 days!!  It was great!  I felt like I accomplished something.  I'm planning on doing it again next year and hopefully I will be running in the 5K with Pyper...did I mention she's super woman? ;)

Anyways, I'm hoping it can be a tradition with me and Sydney.  She got up early with me and I bundled her up in the stroller for the walk.  She loved it!  It was a little chilly, but she did great!  Her and Roslyn had fun talking to each other through their strollers. :)


My little Sydney-bug all bundled in pink!

1 comment:

Laura Arcuragi said...

Well represented, my little friend. Well done.

XOXO Laura