Thursday, October 27, 2011

9 months down, 3 more to go...

I took Sydney and Landon in to get their flu shots this year.  I disguised the trip to Dr. LaCroix's office by scheduling Sydney's nine month appointment at the same time.  Landon didn't really see the shot coming...which is good.  He got over it quicker and he didn't have time to get upset about it beforehand.  Worked out very nicely.  Landon sit and played on his iPad while I talked to Dr. LaCroix about Sydney.

She's doing really good with eating baby foods.  She normally would eat a couple of jars for every meal except for dinner where she would get a larger jar and a regular jar.  I thought that was a lot for a baby her age, but that's what she seemed content with.  And trust me, she lets you know if she's still hungry!!

When I was talking to Dr. LaCroix, she gave me the go-ahead to start giving her pretty much any table food that will be soft enough and be somewhat dissolvable.  I bought some Cheerios that day to start with and started her with them.  She inhaled them like a champ!!!  This girl does NOT mess around with her food.  I've slowly given her new things and she eats SO much!!!!!  Today for lunch Sydney ate 3-4 vienna sausages, a handful of these dissolvable freeze dried yogurt bites, some peas, a jar of baby food squash, and some Cheerios.  Then for dinner she had some chicken and mashed potatoes, mushy carrots, a jar of baby food apples and blueberries, and half of a small container of mac-n-cheese.  She's a hungry girl!!!  I'm not sure where it's going since Dr. LaCroix informed me that she only weighs 16 lbs and is in the 10th percentile for her height and weight!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I'm really not sure where she puts it all.  She's not crawling yet, so she should be packing on the pounds!  Nope, she's just a little bitty thing.  We've started to call her the little garbage disposal.  She just gobbles everything like she hasn't eaten all day.  I swear I feed her.


Also, this month Sydney has gotten four more teeth!  She started the month with only two!  This cute little girl is getting big right before my eyes!   There is only 3 more months till she turns one!  YIKES!!!  Time sure does fly when your having fun!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

She's such a cutie pie! I can't wait to kiss her "fat" little cheeks soon! :)