Sunday, August 28, 2011

VROOM!!!

Braydon and I had talked about getting a new car when Sydney was born.  We decided to wait since my 2002 Highlander still fit our family and was still running in excellent condition.  Plus, we were enjoying not having a car payment at all.  Such a good feeling.

Then, my car started to show its age.  The air conditioning knob broke and wouldn't blow cold air.  In the middle of summer that is a must have.  I took it in to get it looked at in April or May and the guy told me that some part that tells the air to be cold or hot broke and it would only blow out hot air unless it was fixed.  Of course it wasn't going to be cheap...it was $800 just for the part...  So instead of replacing the part, the mechanic turned the air to only blow cold to get us by for the summer.  Thank goodness for him!  :)

So, we've gone all summer with the air stuck on cold.  Which is nice for the hot summer, but I knew we were on borrowed time.  Braydon and I decided that we would need to get a new car soon, and the time had to come before we needed heat again, or really anything besides really cold.  We wanted to make sure that we got something that could fit lots of people since we could only really fit four people in my old car.  I have loved my Highlander, so I decided that I wanted to get a new one.  So...here she is...she's a beauty and I've enjoyed her a lot!!!




She's all-wheel drive, for the snowy days, and she has super cold A/C for the hot days.  She comfortably fits seven (or six with two car seats).  She's got bluetooth so I can talk to people on the phone through the speakers in the car.  She's got a back up camera so I don't have an excuse if I run into anything. ;) ...not that I will. hehe  I have XM satellite radio right now for free and I'm trying to decide if it's worth keeping.  I enjoy it, but I'm not in the car that much to pay for a radio service.  I'm pretty okay with the free one. :)

No comments: