Thursday, August 11, 2011

"I'm number 9!"

Landon's number obsession is still in full swing...

Now, Landon likes to be called the #9.  Sometimes it's the only way you can get him to complete a task.  "Okay, number 9, drink your juice so you can get down from the table."  "Okay, number 9, we need to sit on the potty." Oh my, it's over running our lives!  I'm going to be haunted by the number nine for the rest of my life! ;)

One day I was folding laundry and Landon found something of Daddy's that he just had to put on:


He gave me a smile, and I told him to turn around so I could get a picture, so he literally turned in a circle...oh, a child's literal mind...




Then he realized that the sleeves were a little big...



But he didn't care.  He found a #9 shirt. :)

He loved it so much, he wore it to sleep in for nap time.  :)  

Recently, we've ventured into playing with other numbers, like 8 and 10.  Sometimes 1 and 0.  It really depends.  His speech therapist, Kim, has done an awesome job with teaching him word approximations so that he can say his numbers.  He knows how to count to 10 (and we can sometimes make out 11 and 12) using his voice.  More on that later. :)

3 comments:

Laura Arcuragi said...

Johnny 5!! (Ok, Johnny 9... Short Circuit... Fine. It's funn in my head) I love that he found that shirt. SUCH a resourceful little guy. You're not keeping anything from him!! Kids are so funny that way. When my older brother, Adam, was little, he LOVED the Dukes of Hazzard. He got some boots like Luke wore and he wouldn't take them off. Mom had to plead with him before bath time. He even slept in them. They were his "Lute Dute boots." Hahaha!! I have a feeling we will see many more 9 shirts in the future!!
What a cutie.

Dawn said...

hahahaha!!! That cracks me up! Braydon had a similar love, but it was with a racquetball racquet. Slept with it and everything! :)

Laura Arcuragi said...

NO JOKE! That is TOO funny. Racquetball, huh? Where in the world did he come up with THAT?