Saturday, August 27, 2011

School Rocks!!!!


Landon had his first day back at school on August 19th.  He was excited to get to school and see his teachers.  I think he thought he would be going with the same kids he went with last year, so I think he was a little confused when he didn't see anyone he knew.  Nonetheless, Landon had a great day and Heidi reported to me that he was "an angel".  I thought she had the wrong kid.  He had to have done SOMEthing wrong.  Nope.  He listened to his teachers and did everything he was told.  Mrs. Sanders didn't have to tell him to do something twice.  I thought maybe aliens had abducted my child and replaced him with a improved model...who knew my kid actually listens and does as he's told!  He sure doesn't do that for me!!


He has loved being at school again this year.  He's behaved himself and has settled back into the school routine very well.  Heidi said that the teachers were doing their normal testing on all the students and Landon knew everything he was asked.  His numbers (of course), his letters (uppercase and lowercase), shapes, and colors.  I think he's just mostly there for the social aspect this year.  :)  He knows all the answers at circle time and Mrs. Sanders has had to teach him how to raise his hand to answer a question because he would blurt out the answer (on his iPad) and all the other kids would know it because Landon just told them the answer! :)

He has refused to use his iPad to talk to his friends, and has been wanting to talk to his teachers without the help of the device.  He's making a lot of progression with talking, and although he doesn't sound like you or I would, you can make out most of the things he's saying when you listen really carefully...Here's Landon counting...


I tried to get him to say "eleven", but he was really wanting to go upstairs (which is why you hear him say "up").  Yes, I had to bribe him to say his numbers for this video.

Heidi is also thrilled that after 3+ years of being Landon's nurse, he is finally pronouncing her name!!!  First he called her "Hi-duh", but now he's finally gotten that D sound.  She's so happy and asks him to say it all the time.  It's gotta feel good to her.  Almost like when he called me "Mama" for the first time...almost.  :)

No comments: