Friday, January 14, 2011

Our hospital visit

Once again Landon threw us a curve ball.  We get comfortable in a routine and then WHAM! we get thrown off course.  Tuesday night Landon started feeling bad and was being extra cuddly.  I knew something was wrong when he came up to me and put his arms around me and wouldn't let me go.  I took his temperature and it was at 102.  After we took his clothes off and gave him some Tylenol we got his temperature down and put him to bed.  We thought maybe he was catching a cold or something.  Here's a picture of him that I took when we found his temperature....doesn't look like he feels good huh?



In the middle of the night, Landon woke up crying.  I figured he wasn't feeling good again and went in his room with more Tylenol.  When I lifted his shirt to give him the medicine, he was burning up!!!  When we took his temp it was back up, but this time it was 105!!  I immediately took off his clothes and got out a cool washcloth.  He was upset crying and Braydon and I tried our hardest to make him feel better.  We ended up having to put him in a cool bath to cool him off.  We got his temp down and put him back to bed.  The next morning, Heidi came for her shift.  She took his temperature and it was 106.8!!!!!  We did what worked and gave him Tylenol and put him back in the tub.  We actually got his temp down to 98.6 and debated about if we should take him in because he didn't have any other symptoms.   I called his pediatrician and they told us to bring him in to see the doctor just to get a once-over.

Before we left we noticed that Landon's chin was turning a little red and it also started on his cheek.  We mentioned it to Dr. LaCroix and she said she thought it might be cellulitis.  She told us that we needed to head over to Children's to get some IV antibiotics and a CT scan done to make sure it wasn't something serious.

Thankfully, the CT scan came back normal, so we spent the last couple of days in the hospital giving Landon IV antibiotics.  They had to make sure they worked before they would let us leave.

Today, we got to come home.  We were so excited to come home.  I know Braydon is excited to sleep in our bed tonight since he was nice enough to let me go home to sleep the past couple nights.  I do love my husband. :)

Landon is doing much better.  He still has a little bit of discoloration on his cheek, but we're hoping after a few more doses of medicine it will get better.  He is acting a lot better and I'm just thankful that he's doing better and doesn't have to be stuck in the hospital anymore!!!

I do want to say a very big THANK YOU to Megan for bringing us dinner!!!  She's such a lifesaver and I'm so happy that she's my friend.  Megan, you are wonderful! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEW! is all I can say! And a big thank you to Megan from me as well! :)

Kathy-the long distance Nonna

Megan Roberts said...

You are both welcome! :) I'm glad little Landon is doing better!