Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby sister's room is ready!!


FINALLY!!  I feel like I've been trying to get her room done for forever!  At last, it is all put together (except for her name on the wall).  We decided to keep her name a secret until she's born...just to keep everyone guessing. ;)

As for her cute little room, we did a "bird" theme.  I must say that I'm pretty proud of it.  I think it turned out cuter than I expected it to. :)


Little girl's cute little birdie bedding

I went back and forth about whether or not I wanted to paint a mural of the tree from her bedding on the wall.  I found some cute vinyl stickers of trees with birds and birdcages on etsy.com, and thought about just doing birdcages since they would be a little easier.  Then I couldn't decide so I ended up doing both. :)  When my mom visited in the beginning of December we decided to tackle the tree project.  My mom did an excellent job helping me paint leaves on the trees and helped me create birds and flowers with fabric to put on the tree. We used some foam core (which is basically two pieces of posterboard with a small layer of foam sandwiched in between) and batting to create some dimension in the flowers and birds.  My mom even helped me sew little buttons in the center of each of the flowers...she's so crafty! :)  The finished product turned out super cute!


Here's me diligently working on the branches of the tree...


My mom helping fill in the colorful leaves



We finished painting the tree...


Then we added the birds and flowers to make it complete.  Turned out cute, and didn't take nearly as long as I thought.

This past week, I've been trying to get all of the finishing touches for her room like frames for pictures and odds and ends.  Finally, after 36 weeks of pregnancy, it's finished! :)  About time, huh?  I tried to take some pictures of the whole room, but her room isn't big enough for me to get some really good shots...so here's what I got.  I think they'll do... :)






This is the birdcage I painted.  Under the bird is where we will hang some letters to spell her name. 


I used to have this in my room when I was little.  I've always loved it and found it in a box a few months ago...I couldn't resist using it.


The many clothes we have for her.  Her closet runs from one side of the room to the other and it's almost full!!  Although it's not just one size.  It goes from newborn all the way to a year old, but still... :)


These are the many books that Landon is sharing with his sister.  We have a whole basket. :)  He's so sweet.

So, now all we need is a baby. :)  I've been having some Braxton Hicks (false labor pains) off and on for the past week or so.  Nothing serious...I told my doctor and she seemed unphased.  It's pretty normal.  Braydon and I went to The Olive Garden to use a couple of gift cards that people gave us for Christmas.  It was nice to get to spend some time together.  Some moms have told me to eat eggplant parmesan because it's supposed to help you go into labor...so that's what I got.  Hasn't worked so far, but I brought home some leftovers, so maybe I'll try again. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwww! It turned out so adorable! Does big brother like it? :) I'm so proud that he shared some of his books. I love that you used your "girls can do anything" plaque. You have proven it true time after time.....

Love!
Mom/Nonna

Megan Roberts said...

WOAH! Dawn, it's absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the birdcage! I will have to get some shots of baby girl Walsh in her new room for you!

Kelly Koenig said...

Oh Dawn, you are so creative! I'm so jealous! If you still lived in Georgia I'd be bugging you to paint our nursery. It turned out just beautiful! Now all you need is the baby! I can't wait til she arrives. I may have to come to Omaha sometime so I can meet her!