Wednesday, January 5, 2011

37 weeks and counting....

I'm almost done with this pregnancy!!!  Yippy!!  I can't wait to meet our little girl and get to hold her and kiss her all over her face. :)  I also can't wait to be able to sit at a 90 degree angle, sleep in more than 2 positions (on my sides), breathe when I go up and down the stairs, and be able to get up from ANY surface without assistance.  The list of negatives gets pretty long when you're at this stage of pregnancy, but there is one HUGE positive that comes from it.  I'm just glad to be getting closer.


37 weeks

I went in today for my 37 week appointment with Dr. NewMyer.  I spoke with her a few weeks ago about what my birth plan was going to be.  I told her that I really wanted to try a VBAC (vaginal birth after ceserean section) because I feel like I lost out on the option with Landon.  I didn't have much of a choice with him because of his condition, so I wanted to be able to experience labor the way nature intended it.  She agreed to let me go to 40 weeks (where in most cases she would have a repeat c-sectioner go in at 39 weeks) and went over the things that could go wrong (like with any doctor).  I knew going in that there are some risks, but there are also so many women that have had an amazing VBAC experience.  I feel like I can handle labor, I just need to get there. :)

So, I've been eating eggplant parmesan and I bought a fresh pineapple and honeydew melon today at the grocery store.  All of these are supposedly old wives tales of how to get labor moving along. :)  I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks, but when Dr. NewMyer checked me today she said my cervix was really thin...so no dialation. :(  But I'm going to start walking with a friend and get this whole thing moving along.

If this little girl decides to be stubborn (which is very possible), my doctor told me that she would have to deliver her by c-section.  She said it's too risky to induce me and she won't let me go past because she doesn't want the baby to get too big (which could end in a c-section anyways).  I really don't want a c-section, but if it comes to that, I would rather be safe than sorry I guess.  Dr. NewMyer scheduled my c-section for January 25th if little girl doesn't make her appearance before then.  Hopefully, she will. :)

No comments: