Monday, December 27, 2010

Last Christmas as a family of 3...


This Christmas was a good one!!  Landon got a lot of new toys from Santa, family and friends.  It got me thinking about what next year will be like....double the fun??  Or is it double the stress??  I don't know...either way I'm excited to have my family happy, healthy and able to enjoy each other this year and every year after this.

We normally get the chance to video chat with Braydon's family on Christmas Eve to open presents.  This year was a little different because we had some friends over for dinner that night, and it just didn't work out.  So we ended up opening EVERYTHING on Christmas day.  Needless to say, it was a little overwhelming!

We started the morning with the excitement of our Santa gifts and our stocking:


Our new "Lightning McQueen" Power Wheels!!!  Thank you Santa....wink wink (you know who you are)


Daddy trying to show me how to push the pedal to make it go



This picture cracks me up!  His face!  He didn't realize it moved and I think he was a little freaked out at first.


But then he warmed up to it, made it into the living room (with some help) and got out and enjoyed talking about the wheels.... :)


Then we had to check out what was under the hood...(typical male) :)


Seeing what's in the stocking


Dad helped take out all the loot, but all my son wanted was the $1 four pack of mini spiral notebooks....go figure


Christmas breakfast..."Dada cereal" (Lucky Charms)

The rest of the day was a whole lot of opening presents.  This part of it was kind of a whirl-wind cause there was no rhyme or reason to what we were doing.  I ended up getting so busy helping Landon open his presents, and opening my own that I sort of slacked off on the picture taking.  


After we opened our TAG reader from Santa...


And opened our books to go with our TAG reader from Nonna, Papa, and Grandpa Harris

He LOVES his TAG reader.  I think that's his favorite present this year.  It's a little pen that you run over a word and it says it for you.  You can also push on pictures and it will talk to you.  Landon doesn't do much of the "reading" part of it yet, but he loves to push on the pictures to see what they say.  It's a really cool toy.  Landon had a lot of fun with it after we had a chance to clean up and play with it....


Daddy showing me how to use my TAG reader


Laughing at the noises the TAG reader was making...


Look at all those books!!!  

On a side note:  We had to go through Landon's bookcase last night and have him decide if he wanted to give some of his books to his baby sister.  With a little help, he did great giving up his board books he had outgrown and he even took them to baby sister's room.  I was so pleased. :)  Now we'll actually have room on his bookcase to fit his new books!!


More laughing at the books...


Then some laughing at the sounds that Lightning McQueen makes. :)  There are buttons on the steering wheel that make different sounds...it's really cute.

Thank you to everyone that sent us gifts for Landon.  It was so thoughtful.  I'm sorry I wasn't better with the picture-taking.  I'll have to hire a photographer for next year! :) haha!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww....these pics are adorable! So proud that he is sharing with baby sister already. :) Love the one of him checking out the "engine" in the new car!!! Hope he can get out on the sidewalk with it soon. He'll have a blast!

Love you all!
Mom/Nonna

Megan Roberts said...

Great pics! He looks so cute in his big boy car!