Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving with our extended family


Sadly, Braydon didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with us this year.  He had to go on a trip for work, which will hopefully be his last one at least until after baby girl gets here.  If I'm lucky, maybe longer. :)

Since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I didn't want to spend it alone.  I decided to reach out to my family here in Nebraska...my military family.  Landon and I ended up joining Brad, Megan and their little boy Nevin at their house with Chuck, Pyper and Roslyn.  We had a relaxing Thanksgiving hanging out and letting the kids play.  Megan made a delicious turkey and Pyper made her famous pear pie, that she only makes once a year.  We love to help eat it...it's delicious!  I even took a picture. :)


I tried to take some pictures of the kids playing, but I'm still trying to get a handle on how to take good pictures with my camera and they all came out fuzzy. :(  Megan and I have been exchanging knowledge about our camera (although she knows a lot more than I do), and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!  So from now on, I will hopefully not have any fuzzy pictures to share. :)

A big thank you to the Roberts for having us over and hosting Thanksgiving this year!  I'm definitely thankful for friends like mine. :)  I'm also very thankful for the health of my immediate and extended family this year...such a difference from last year.  I hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day!

1 comment:

Megan Roberts said...

Thank you for spending the holiday with us! We probably wouldn't have even celebrated if it weren't for you! Hopefully we can do it again next year. :)