Wednesday, July 11, 2012

One woman band. :)

Sydney has turned into an adventurous little girl.  She is into everything and has quite a selection of words she says.  I started writing down the things she says just to see what she is saying on her own, and we are up to 36 words so far.  It's anything from "hi" to "airplane".

Some of my favorite things she says are:
"wa-wa" (water)
"Me-na" (banana)
"wok" (walk)
"Oh no!" This one is all in how she says it.  Like it's the worst thing that's happened to her all day.
"Ew!"**
"Shewsh" (shoes)
"Tick-awl, tick-awl" (tickle, tickle)

**Funny story:  One day I was upstairs doing laundry when Sydney wandered off.  I knew exactly where to find her.  She likes to go in my bathroom and take every bottle out of my drawers.  She learned recently that there are Q-tips in one of the drawers.  I walk into the bathroom and there she is, standing there looking down at a Q-tip in her hand.  I asked her what she was doing and she started saying "Ew, Ew" over and over.  She had put the Q-tip in her ear and got some ear wax on the Q-tip!  She definitely thought it was gross. :)

My little girl is getting so big, so fast!  I feel like I'll turn around twice and she'll be in high school.  It's amazing how time flies!

Here are some cute pictures of the little munchkin playing with our musical instruments:






Sydney has her 18 month appointment towards the end of the month, so we'll be visiting the doctor to see how much she's grown.  I'll put that up when we have it. :)

1 comment:

Laura Arcuragi said...

She IS getting so big! And so smart and cute. I know she is a handful, but that makes her even more fun. I love watching her grow!!