Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fourth of July fun!

We didn't have our normal fourth of July this year.  Normally, we have friends over to BBQ and we hang out and shoot off fireworks and watch my neighbor set off his crazy display!  This year, I had a lot going on with planning Landon's birthday party and birthday, doing a garage sale the weekend before and having family come into town.  I actually lost track of time, and everyone already had plans by the time I got to asking. :(  Oh well, maybe next year.  

The night before the 4th, the neighbors down the street were doing their fourth of July bash.  They were setting off fireworks for several hours and we took the kids outside for a trial run for the next day.  Sydney was fascinated so we knew she would do great.  She sat and watched the fireworks with us for a good while until it was bedtime.


Daddy and Sydney checking out the fireworks.







She kept pointing to the sky and trying to say "firework".  A-dor-able!


My handsome boys



On the fourth, we actually had a pretty relaxing time.  We had both kids lay down for naps that day so they could stay up late and watch the fireworks.  We grilled out and went to a firework stand.  We walked around aimlessly looking at all the choices of things to blow up.  Since we come from Georgia where fireworks are illegal, we had no idea what we were looking at.  We picked up a few that Braydon thought would be fun, and a little kid pack of things to light.  The kids had fun watching the things we lit for them.  Sydney wanted to get in there and help (of course) and loved the big booms!  Landon loved the little poppers you throw at the ground that make a snapping noise.  He would just laugh!!  We had fun watching our neighbor light off his.  Their family has a Fourth of July party every year where his friends and family come over and light a ton of fireworks!  Landon actually wanted to go to bed, so Sydney, Braydon and I stayed up at watched the display from next door.  Sydney LOVED it!  And Landon actually slept through it!  My kids are very heavy sleepers. :)


Landon voluntarily got on his tricycle!!  I thought I might want to take some pictures of this momentous occasion!  He's never gotten on this on his own.  He scooted around on the driveway and in the garage.  I was glad to just see him on it! 


Sydney had to push hers around too.  I got this tricycle for $2 at our neighborhood garage sale!!!  I was so excited, I told everyone!!  I'm just glad she's showing an interest in it.  Her legs aren't quite long enough yet, but she'll grow into it soon enough. :)



Me and my cute kids!


Sydney felt like she needed to help Landon with his tricycle

Although we didn't have our "normal" fourth of July, we made it into our own.  I'm glad that our family got to spend time together. :)

1 comment:

Laura Arcuragi said...

You guys have such a cute little family. You have endured so much together, and you are still so loving and fun. You are going to have quite the family bond and future together. Thanks for sharing so openly with everyone! When I have a family like that, I will definitely be asking you for advice and pointers!