Saturday, July 14, 2012

Landon's birthday day.

On July 5th, my little man turned 5.  Wow!  Five years.  It seems like not that long ago, but it also seems like he's been here forever.  I don't really remember life before my kids.  It's all a blur.  What did I do with my time then??  ;)

Anyways, we spent the day together to celebrate.  I made Landon homemade birthday waffles for breakfast and his favorite beans and weiners for dinner.  The rest of the day was filled with presents and time spent together.  Braydon had the day off, so that made the day a little sweeter. :)

We started out with a scavenger hunt for the present we knew he would love the most.  This little guy is called Pocoyo.  He's on a show on Nick Jr. and it's all Landon talks about.  It's his motivator right now.  So, Pocoyo played hide-and-seek with Landon.  Landon woke up with a note that said Pocoyo was playing hide-and-seek.  We had him go to different places in the house that each had a note to tell him where to go next.  It lead Landon all the way to the basement where Pocoyo was hiding in one of the cabinets.  He was so excited and has taken Pocoyo pretty much everywhere with him.  He loves him. :)


After that, there was more present opening after breakfast....




Team Umizoomi stuff makes Landon very happy. :)


What a cute birthday boy I have. :)



Some Lightning McQueens to add to the collection.


After getting dressed and playing some, came more presents...


A Jake and the Neverland Pirates pirate ship,



Mickey Mouse coloring books from Sydney, 


A big giant pencil for sidewalk chalk,


And a sword to beat up dad with. :)




When I was a kid, every year my mom would make me or my step-sisters a home-made birthday cake of our choice.  It could really be anything.  Cookie cakes, cream puffs, carrot cake, there were no limits.  After all, it is your birthday. :)  So, I decided I wanted to try to carry on that tradition with my kids.  I asked Landon what he wanted and he told me chocolate cookies....so that's what he got. :)  We stuck a candle in it and sang to him as he smiled at us.  Normally, Landon would need help blowing out his candle.  He's never blown out the candle on his own.  This year, he did.  I was SO proud. :)


Just a little help from mom and....


It's out!! YAY!!!!

I'm pretty sure Landon had a great birthday this year.  We'll do it again in another six months for a two year old. :)

1 comment:

Laura Arcuragi said...

Aw, Happy Birthday, little buddy!!! I am SO proud of him for blowing out his own candle!!! I can't believe he is getting so big and turning into such a little boy now. Dawn, you have done such a great job being a fun mom. You know how to make everything special. Your kids are lucky to have you.