Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nonna's birthday visit

My mom came to visit for a long weekend for my birthday.  I was super stoked to see her!  I got to see both of my parents in one month!  Woo-hoo!  We had some lazy days while she was here, and we also had some shopping that needed to be done (wink wink).  So we did a good job on both of those things. :)  We got to have lunch together one day and then for my birthday we took the family out to Cracker Barrel.  ...Don't laugh.  Cracker Barrel is really good food and they have Goo Goo Clusters there in their little store.  It's the only place I seem to find them around here.  Those Goo Goo Clusters are just too delicious.  I could eat so many of them in one sitting!  Maybe it's good I can only find them there! ;)

Sydney really warmed up to my mom after being shy at the airport when I picked her up.  She tried talking to her all the way home in the car and by the time we got home, she loved her again. :)  Sydney was also very curious about mom's suitcase.  It's like she knew Nonna was bringing her something. :)


Coloring some pictures with Nonna.  Landon has been big on coloring and drawing lately.  It's about time! :)



Sydney is trying to steal the entire box of crayons while Nonna isn't looking.  She's a stinker!



Nonna showed Sydney how to go "shopping" with her bag.  Now she brings it to me so I can help her put things in it.  Super cute!


Some fun iPad time with Nonna.  


Me and my mom on my birthday. :)


Nonna got Landon a bubble maker and they were having fun with it in the kitchen.  Some of the pictures didn't turn out like I wanted them to, but I still wanted to show them because he was having so much fun!


Wait for it.........


"POP!"


He was so excited!!


I love his little smile in this one.  Who knew something as easy as a bubble could make a kid so happy. :)


Then he decided that while Nonna was blowing them, he was going to run through them...



A cute picture of my mom with her two grandbabies!


I'm so thankful that my mom was able to visit us.  I hope she can come back soon, or maybe we could visit soon?  Who knows what the future holds for us. :)

No comments: