Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birthday festivities

I have a pretty amazing husband.  Not only does he help me with the kids, he does little things like helping me with the dishes every night after dinner or sends me out to get groceries after he knows that I need a kid break. He's a pretty wonderful man, and I'm a very lucky woman to have him.  There's no one else like him. :)

For my birthday, my husband decided that he wanted to try and make a cake for me.  Now, my husband isn't the best in the kitchen (which he will also tell you), but he makes some pretty amazing french toast. :)  So, I was surprised when he told me he wanted to take on the challenge of making a cake.  And since I knew he wasn't going to let me help, I was glad my mom was going to be there for back-up (just in case). ;)  Turns out he didn't even need the help.  He made me a cake he called a "broke".  It's when a brownie and a cake have a baby.  I have to say...it was pretty good, but SO rich!  We drank so much milk with it!  It was delicious with all of it's made-from-scratch goodness.



He forgot to set out the refrigerated cake to let it come to room temperature before he cut it.  So he was having some difficulty...



DELICIOUS!!




Mom, wishing she had gotten a smaller piece. :)


Then, my very sweet friend, Beth brought me over some beautiful flowers and a card.  She knows how to make me smile. :)

I have to say that I had a pretty amazing birthday this year.  I had everything that I could possibly want.  I got to see both of my parents in one month, my family is healthy and happy.  I couldn't have asked for a better day. :)  A big thank you to everyone that made my day wonderful.  Text, phone call, card, even a facebook message....all of them were greatly appreciated and made me feel incredibly loved. XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Braydon! Too bad you can't share the broke over the blog. It look yummy!
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!