Friday, May 25, 2012

Field Trip, No. Car accident, yes.

Landon's teacher put together a field trip for her preschool class to visit Lauritzen Gardens.  I've heard such wonderful things about this place and was excited to sign up to be a chaperone.  It was going to be Landon's first field trip and I didn't want to miss it!  I had planned on spending the day with Landon at the gardens and dropping Sydney off to spend some time with Mason. :)  That meant I had to get everyone where they needed to be before 845am.  As we were headed out of the neighborhood to go to Beth's house, I ended up getting in an accident in my brand new car! :(  It wasn't my fault and the guy was actually really nice and admitted it was his fault.  He ended up being one of our neighbors one street up from us!  What a way to meet your neighbors! :)

Anyways, since we were already on a time crunch, Landon and I ended up missing the field trip. :(  I was so sad that we didn't get to go.  I was excited to spend time with my little man and see the gardens.  We'll have to go this summer to make up for it.  One of the mom's said that there was a miniature train set that ran through the whole building!  I bet Landon will like that!

So, change of plans....

We ended up having a outside/pool day!  Beth and Mason came over to play in the backyard with all the water toys.  We got out the sprinkler, the sandbox that we use as a pool, and a new wading pool that I got for Sydney.  They all had so much fun!  Even Landon (the I-don't-want-to-go-outside-kid!)!!


Landon splashing Sydney while she played in the pool.  She played in there forever with the bucket and shovel....happy as a clam!


Landon playing with his sponge ball.  I made these for the kids and just knew they would love them!  All I did was take a cheap household sponge and cut it into strips.  Then I tied them in the middle with twine to create a ball.  Landon LOVED his green one!  Mason just sucked the water out of them. He was apparently really thirsty! ;)


What a cool dude in his hat and sunglasses!


Sydney still playing in the pool


Mason tried out the wading pool first.  He liked it, but was rather fond of the squirters on the sides. 


Like I said...he was thirsty! :)


Little Sydney wading in the pool :)


Beth and Mason


Landon looking oh so cool with his shades on


Cutie pie Mason


Haha!!  I caught her mid-sneeze!  


Mason learning how to go up the ladder and down the slide

I'm so glad that the day turned out so well!!  I thought the day was going to pot when we got in the accident, but I'm so thankful that Beth likes us. ;)

We'll have to figure out when we can go the Lauritzen Gardens so Landon doesn't miss out on the trains!  Maybe we'll look at some flowers too. :)

No comments: