Thursday, September 1, 2011

A is for Apple


Braydon and I have really been trying to step out of our box recently and take the kids out of the house.  I think Landon gets bored on the weekends.

Every time I drive towards the base, I drive past a new apple orchard and say to myself, "Man, we should take the kids there...that would be so much fun!"  I've been saying it all summer.  A couple of days ago, when I passed it, it said that the apples were ready for "pick'n", so I brought it up to Braydon.  With a little hesitation from Braydon (most guys aren't very excited for that kind of stuff), he agreed to go with us and have some fun for the kids sake.  So, this weekend, we went.  Landon wasn't a huge fan, but I think it was because we had talked about also going to the store afterward to get a book, and he was more excited for that than picking apples.  Oh well, he picked a few and then was ready to go.  It was fun though and we'll probably go back again in a couple of weeks to get some delicious Honeycrisp apples.  If you've never tried a Honeycrisp apple, you should.  They are the best apples EVER!  Next time, we won't tell Landon about going to the store afterwards.  I think he'll actually like it then.


Landon trying to get an apple off the tree.


Telling Dad he needed help


Dad helping Landon pick the apple he wanted.


"I got one Mom!!"


"Now I want that one, please!"


"Now I have TWO!"



Sydney just hung out while we had some fun.


Our loot.  They are delicious!

I told Braydon that we should get an apple tree for our backyard.  He wasn't too enthusiastic about having rotting fruit in our yard, so we decided against it.  We'll just keep Trees, Shrubs, and More in business during apple season. :)  I saw some freshly planted blueberry bushes there too...I need to learn how to make jams and jellies. :)


I thought they were so pretty. :)

1 comment:

Laura Arcuragi said...

Fun idea!! I love Sydney's expressions. I can't wait for her to put words too it. :) Landon is so cute holding those apples up! Love it!!
Smooches and hugs to you all!