Friday, September 23, 2011

What can Sydney do?


Sydney has finally mastered sitting!  As well as rolling over both ways...I thought she'd never get it.  Just goes to show that children do things in their own time.  All you can do is just guide them in the right direction.  I think that will apply to many different scenarios throughout their lives...not just sitting and rolling. :)



I bought this toy farm from a consignment sale I do every year for super cheap.  It came with a horse, cow and a duck.  Of course, Sydney likes the duck the most.  I guess it tasted the best??



Then she decided to tell me about how much she liked chewing on the duck. :)

I have also found Landon wanting to interact with Sydney a little more.  He now notices when Sydney has something he wants to play with.  I told him that if he wants one of her toys that he needs to get her another cool toy and then they could trade.  In the next picture, Landon wanted Sydney's toy, so he brought her another one to play with.



Sydney isn't minding this right now, but in a few months we're going to have to figure something else out.  I'm pretty sure Sydney isn't going to like giving up the toy she wants to play with.  This will work for now, I guess.

Sydney has also developed quite a personality.  She's pretty cute and cuddly most of the time, but when it comes to food...oh boy!...watch out!  If you aren't feeding her fast enough she yells at you.  Screams.  It's not so cute and cuddly. :/  I have to say though, that she is a pretty easy going baby.  She is starting to do things to make you laugh and when you laugh at her, she laughs with you.  

The other day I was getting dressed and had put out some toys for her to play with on a blanket.  One of those toys was a play guitar.  It's supposed to be a mini-electric guitar, and when you pluck the strings it will play different rock songs like "Wild Thing".  Everytime she would pluck a string and play the song she would look at me and smile waiting for my reaction.  It was so cute.  

She's also starting to point to things.  I was reading her a book called "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" at bedtime tonight.  It has big pictures of different animals in it.  Every time I would show her a different animal she would point to its eyes.  She's such a smart cookie...just like her brother.  I'm going to be in trouble!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Such cute pictures! Sydney is such a cutie and and it's nice to see her and Landon interacting. Yeah....between the two of them you will have to keep one step ahead! Good luck with that!!! :)

Love,
Nonna/Mom