Saturday, September 3, 2011

Closet roller

I've noticed the past couple weeks that every time I go to get Sydney from her nap she is sleeping or playing on her tummy in the crib.  Strange...cause she still hasn't rolled over from her back to her belly for me on the floor.  She has, however, learned that she likes to sleep on her tummy.  I call her a "closet roller".


I guess it goes to say how stubborn and ornery my kids are. :)  One won't get out of diapers and the other won't roll over...  I hope this isn't a cycle that continues for the rest of my life.

One milestone Sydney has achieved is sitting up.  She's pretty much gotten it down.  I still don't trust leaving her on the floor by herself yet because when she topples, she doesn't try and catch herself.  She does a face plant into the carpet.  She's pretty close though.  She sits up long enough for me to take a couple pictures of her.


She has an infatuation with that purple cup.  She only wants to chew on it.



Gotta love that cute little face. :)  She's doing really well and we're going to practice with our rolling skills so we can learn to crawl.  As much as I'm going to hate her crawling, at least she isn't going to be laying on the floor whining at me.  Wish us luck!! :)

She's also learning how to take a milk meal through a sippy cup once a day.  As much as I've enjoyed nursing her, I don't want her glued to me...so we're practicing now. :)  She pretends she's okay with it, and drinks her milk like a big girl.  Hopefully, this will be the start of a slow weaning process.  I'm not letting go completely till she's a year.  Baby steps for now.

No comments: