Friday, May 27, 2011

The last day of school

I've been kind of slacking in the blog department.  No excuse really, just that we haven't been doing much that's that exciting to write about. :)

Landon had his last day of school this week.  I think he had mixed feelings about it.  The few days prior, he kept telling me that he didn't want to go to school and we were counting the days until he didn't have to go.  Then, on the last day, he was wanting to stay at school and didn't want to leave.  His last day consisted of an ice cream party and playing with bubbles and sidewalk chalk.  The kids had a lot of fun and Landon really liked the ice cream with, of course, M&Ms on top. ;)  I was dealing with a screaming baby that morning, so I forgot to bring my camera...I know...shame on me, right?? ;)

I can't believe my little man will be four soon.  Time flies.  For those of you that are wondering, Landon will be going through another year of preschool before he moves on to kindergarten.  Personally, I think he could move on to kindergarten with most of his classmates, but his communication is holding him back.  He's smart and knows everything, if not more, than the other kids in his class.  It makes me sad that that's what holds him back.  He has been doing really well with trying to say words.  He's been doing great with trying to say different sounds and combine them into words.  I'll have to see if I can get a video of him.  He's been changing  so much in the past year, I can't wait to see how much he will change in the next year!


We have also scheduled to get Landon's tonsils taken out on June 9th.  Please keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well.  He may need to stay the night in the hospital for observation.  We'll know more the day of the surgery.  We'll be seeing Dr. Quinlan and Dr. LaCroix before the surgery to see exactly what their thoughts are about everything.  We're hoping that this will be another nice big step towards getting the trach out. :)

No comments: