Sunday, February 13, 2011

A new routine

Besides being sleep deprived, I've been holding up pretty well.  We've all been getting used to the new person in our house that has turned our overly scheduled lives upside-down.  We don't really have a routine with Sydney yet, which is really to be expected.  She eats and sleeps on her own schedule and has been keeping me super busy trying to keep up with her schedule and trying to handle all the other things I need to be doing.  I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it when Braydon goes back to work.  Possibly not shower for a week?? haha!!  

Landon has been very good with adjusting to everything.  I think Braydon is helping a lot with the transition.  Since I'm with Sydney most of the time, Braydon and Landon have been spending a lot of time together.  Landon loves his dad and thinks he hung the moon, so it makes it easier for me to concentrate on Sydney.  I do miss getting to hang out with Landon with no interruptions, but Braydon tells me that he wishes he could do more with Sydney than he does.  I guess the grass is always greener, huh?

I went to see my doctor last week for my two week postpartum appointment.  Everything was fine and Braydon was happy that she gave the ok for me to drive.  He's was tired of being the chauffeur. :)  I took a quick picture of Sydney with Dr. NewMyer.


We also took Sydney in for her first well-baby checkup.  Dr. LaCroix said she looks perfect.  :)  Nothing to worry about??  Really??  Wow!!  What a change!  She weighed in at 7lbs but Dr. LaCroix said it was normal for her to lose a little weight at first.  She said that by her two week checkup she should be making her way back to her birth weight.  When we took Landon in for his appointment the other day we weighed her again and she was at 7lbs. 5oz.  So in less than a week she's half way there!  That made me pretty excited!!  I was needing that reassurance since I'm breastfeeding and when we weighed her and she had lost so much it made me worry.  I will worry no longer. :)

Other than that, we've just been hanging out at the house being sleepy, but never having time to sleep. :)  If I could only have one night...

No comments: