Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...

Hello all!

I hope everyone is ready for Christmas....I know I am! :) We have all of these wonderful presents under our tree that people have been sending us (thank you by the way) and I can't wait to see what Landon does with them on Christmas! We've already had him trying to open the boxes that everything was sent in. It will be a fun day!

Landon has been fighting off his first cold of the season, and somehow passed it on to Braydon, myself, and one of his nurses. I guess that's our fault...maybe we shouldn't be lovin' on him so much. :) He's getting better though, just some coughing from his runny nose.

If you don't know already, Landon has been learning some sign language to help him communicate with us. He's been doing really well with it and has already learned quite a few signs. We started out showing him "eat", "more", "all done", and "help" which he picked up pretty quickly. We've more recently taught him the sign for "bird" and is gladly showing us that sign for everything in the house that has a beak. :) We were going over some animal sounds with him using some flash cards. We came across the elephant and I showed him how to raise his hand up in the air like an elephant's trunk, and now he will do the motion upon request. I was amazed how fast he picked that one up. I'm going to need to study more signs to teach him cause I'm running out of material for him. :)

Well, I just wanted to send a little note out there. We hope everyone enjoys the holidays, and even though we aren't there in person, we are there in spirit. Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We'll be with you in spirit too honey....I'll miss you, but we'll get the webcam going on Christmas, OK???

Love, Mom

PS - Is it March yet??? :)