Sunday, December 30, 2012

Halloween 2012

Our Halloween was a little different this year.  Normally, Braydon will take Landon out trick-or-treating while I pass out candy.  I hate when people leave bowls of candy out instead of answering the door.  Unfortunately, I was that person this year.  I had no way around it.  There was only one of me and too many places to be at once.  I felt no remorse leaving the bowl on our front steps.  The fact that Braydon wasn't going to be here to share a holiday that he always shared with Landon, it was imperative to me that I make up for the missing parent.

One of our nurses, Theresa, (who is as sweet as can be) offered to come over and help me take the kids out.  I'm so thankful and grateful that she did!  Since Landon still needs help going up stairs that don't have railings, it was very helpful to have another set of hands.  I put Sydney in the wagon since I knew she would just run from me otherwise.  She didn't mind it, thankfully.


This year Sydney was a bumblebee.  I found this costume at a consignment sale in August and couldn't pass it up.  She wasn't very happy when I put it on her at first, but she warmed up to it.  The back of the costume was the cutest...


I love the little stinger. :)  She was very interested in the lollipops this year.  She was pretty insistent that she have one, and it being Halloween and all we decided to humor her. :)  She loved it, and had it all over the place within seconds.  In her hair, all over her face, on her costume...you get the idea. :)

Landon decided that he wanted to be Pocoyo.  Pocoyo is a cute little cartoon character on Nick Jr. that Landon LOVES!  Here's a picture of the cartoon:


The little guy in all blue in the middle is Pocoyo.  I was so happy that he chose something semi-easy to recreate! :)  I did my best, and bought a white sweat suit and dyed it blue and added the cute little zipper on the top.  Then I dyed a white hat the same color blue as the suit and wa-la! I was done. :)


Cute little Landon...I mean, Pocoyo and Miss Theresa :)


Getting a good picture of the two of them is almost impossible!  You can see Sydney's lollipop...


A picture of all of us and Sydney with her lollipop.

The lollipop didn't last much longer after that.  I had to take it away from her because I didn't want her sticking it to herself, or worse, the wagon and then putting it in her mouth.  Yuck!  She cried when I threw it away.  A lot.  I reassured her that she would get more, and thankfully, the first house we went to gave her a lollipop!  Thank goodness!  After she realized she was getting candy at all the houses, she was a happy little bumblebee.  Towards the end of the trip around the neighborhood, she was saying "Halloweens" for trick-or-treat and " 'nother house" when we would leave one house and go to the next.  She caught on pretty quick.  

Landon took to it like a duck to water.  He didn't need any reminding of what he needed to do. :)  After the night was over, we came home and enjoyed some Fruit Loops that the neighbor gave out, and headed for bed.  They did really good and I think it will be even easier next year.  I even got to pass out a little bit more candy after we got back. :)

No comments: