Thursday, August 2, 2012

Growing and Growing and Growing and....

Sydney is now 18 months old.  Crazy, right?!  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my little girl is no longer a baby and is now moving into being a toddler.  And a rambunctious one at that!  She has a hard time staying out of anything and has something to say when you tell her "no!".  She also knows how to work a crowd.  She knows she's cute and milks it for all it's worth.  I'm going to have some rough teenage years in my future! :)





We went in for her 18 month appointment at the doctor.  She handled it like a champ.  Well, except for the part where she got weighed and measured.  Or when she got the shot, but who's really counting, right?  She survived. :)

The doctor said she was 24 pounds 2.3 ounces and 30.71" tall.  That puts her in the 67th percentile for her weight and the 17th for her height.  Healthy.  A sigh of relief.  Like her brother, she has a very large head!  The size of her noggin put her in the 96th percentile!!  I just figure it's all the brains my kids have. :)  So, all-in-all, Sydney is short, tubby, and has a big head...poor kid!  ( ;) Just kidding!)  She's beautiful and I love her and Landon very much!  I wouldn't care if she had five heads and ten legs.  I would love her the same.

Anyways, I told the doctor how I was keeping track of how many words she had, and I had stopped writing them down after we reached 36 and that was about a month ago.  He was pretty happy with that and said that she seemed a little advanced for her age.  Well, of course! ;)                  

2 comments:

Laura Arcuragi said...

She is so funny!! I love all of her expressions. You may need to start investing now for rest and meditation before she gets to those teenage years!! (Good luck, Braydon.)

Jessica said...

I love her pig-tales! What a cutie!