Saturday, January 7, 2012

Playing with our new toys and having some fun!

I've taken a few pictures of the kids playing with their new toys and just hanging out at the house.  Let the cuteness ensue... :)

Sydney and Daddy at breakfast


Landon eating his breakfast


"Syd, what are you doing?"



Cute little Landon's real smile



You can faintly see them in the picture (bummer), but Landon has been working on cutting with scissors.  We made paper snowflakes and hung them in the window.  Of course, Landon wanted numbers on his.



Sydney loves Drake (our cat).  Drake isn't so sure about her.  When we say kitty cat to Sydney, we swear she says something similar back.


Landon's other awesome gift...his VReader.  This thing is awesome!  It has games and reads along with them and even has a dictionary where they explain what a word means with a video.  Landon was glued the second he opened it.


Sydney sitting in the middle of Landon's race track


Playing the piano while hanging out in the walker.  I know...walkers aren't very good for kids to have (since they slow down the walking process), but it's the only time I get to make dinner where she isn't getting into her brother's stuff or into the cat food.  It's my saving grace sometimes and I'm going to take advantage of it while I can. :)


Landon wears his new Angry Bird backpack all over the house now.  It doesn't even have to have anything in it. :)



Sydney found her reflection in the oven. :)


Sydney's new doll house.  She plays with it, but not as much as Landon.  He loves how the door opens and closes and the doorbell rings.  Sometimes I hear him ring the doorbell on it and say "Who's here?!" :)


Cute little Sydney


Cute little Sydney stealing Daddy's glasses. :)


"Who's here?  Landon's here!" 

Landon let me put his cap on his trach the other day for the first time.  We told him what it was and he resisted at first.  I asked him if we could put it on and count to one hundred (thinking he would say no, since that's all he said any other time) and he said "yes".  So, on it went.  And I counted.  To 100.  Slowly.  He helped me count and would tell me to keep going when I would stop.  He kept the cap on for a good 15-20 minutes while I made dinner.  It went well.  I didn't even here him wheezing or anything.  It was wonderful!!  I'm hoping that we can ease him into it and try putting it on him every so often and hopefully get him to where he's wearing it all day long.  Cross your fingers for us!

No comments: