Friday, June 17, 2011

Update on Landon...


It's been a little over a week since Landon had is tonsils taken out and you can't even tell from the picture, huh?  He's doing pretty good.  We've gotten to a point now where he doesn't need as much Tylenol to control the pain and he's wanting to eat again.  Swallowing is another story.  I'm pretty sure his throat still hurts when he swallows.  He will want to eat something and chew it up, but not want to swallow it.  I know...too much information.  He's getting better though.  We gave him ice cream for dinner one night and he enjoyed that, but he has been wanting his regular diet more.  He breaks my heart every time I'm eating because he'll tell me that he wants to have what I'm having. :(  Hopefully, he will start to feel better soon and he'll be able to eat what he wants.

We went to see Dr. Zapata on Tuesday for a follow up.  He just keeps tabs on Landon now.  We haven't been there since September.  When Landon got weighed he was right around where he was last September and Dr. Zapata wasn't too happy about that.  He said that Landon should still be gaining weight even with just having surgery.  So we're back to keeping a food journal.  But only for four days and when Landon starts feeling better.  They want to see how much he is eating.  They also want to give him a higher calorie formula to get through his G-button.

I'm pretty wishy-washy about this whole formula thing.  If we're giving him more calories through his button, isn't it going to make him more full??  I guess I don't get the logistics of it all, but I'm wanting him to gain weight by the food he puts in his mouth not the food going in his button...ugh!  It's such a juggling act.  I'm hoping to send them a good report on what he's eating and they can cut him back again.  Right now, we have to go back for monthly weigh-ins...goody.  I'm pretty convinced he's going to be small like I was and we shouldn't even be worried about it.

On a more fun note, I took some pictures of Landon having fun with his dad the other night.  He thought it was fun to get a funny reaction from Braydon when he poked him in the eye. :)



1 comment:

Laura Arcuragi said...

I think it's pretty funny when Braydon has a funny reaction when I poke him in the eye, too!!

I hope you guys are having fun traveling around and that it has worked up quite the appetite in our little guy.

Love you!