Friday, March 5, 2010

No Changes...What a bummer!

I talked to the dietician yesterday. I was anxious to talk to her because I always like to hear about how well Landon's doing. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right. :)

When I spoke to her she had gone through Landon's food journal I had given her. She told me that Landon was averaging 400 to 450 calories a day! There was a day toward the end of the journal that he only got 320 calories so it brought his overall average down. Taking that into consideration, she said to keep giving him 24 oz a day. She said that his weight still looked good. He was in the 60th percentile for weight. She has told me that that is right where he needs to be (and stay). I realized talking to her that the last day on the journal Landon was coming down with a cold. She told me that that could be a factor, but to keep him at 24 oz until we come in to see Dr. Zapata on Tuesday.

I told her that I would keep a food journal over the weekend, so I had something to show the doctor that would be a little more accurate for what he is eating right now. I think he's doing great, but we'll see if the doctor wants to be more aggressive with his milk. Just to give you an idea of what Landon eats, here's what he had today:

For Breakfast: One scrambled egg with cheddar cheese and 1/2 oz of fruit punch
For Lunch: One whole beef hot dog, 1 tablespoon of carrots, 3 tablespoons of spaghetti, 1 1/2 tablespoons of strawberries, 1/2 oz fruit punch, and 1/2 oz. of water
For Dinner: 3 bites of spinach and mushroom pizza, 3 tablespoons of cucumbers, 1/2 of a banana, 10 Nilla wafers, and 1/2 oz of water.

So, what do you think?? Pretty good for a two year old, I think. :) Tonight was the first time we have given him cucumbers, and he LOVED them!!

So, we will be going to see Dr. Zapata on Tuesday for an appointment. Hopefully, he will want to be more aggressive with Landon's milk, so we can get him down to maybe 20 oz?? That's my goal for right now. But we'll see...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hmmmm.....just like Mommy with the cucumbers! :) I think he's doing an awesome job for as much as he has to work at chewing! Go Landon!

Love you guys!
Mom

Anonymous said...

That is awesome I think - more than I eat! I am sure he will keep on going with all the new introduced foods - especially cucumbers - they too are my favorite!!

Miss you guys - sending love & hugs!!
Vicki

Laura Arcuragi said...

Yay for cucumbers! Now what about PICKLES?!

(The Pickle Fan, Laura C.)

Dawn said...

Oh Laura! He LOVES pickles too. I got him some of the little mini ones...they are so cute and just the right size for him.