Sunday, December 13, 2009

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!!

So the holidays are here and we hope everyone has a happy one. Braydon and I have been busily getting our shopping done. All the Christmas cards are sent out and presents are in the process of being wrapped. We think Landon will have a fun Christmas this year.


As I'm sure everyone has heard, we've had a bit of snow over the past week or so. We're expecting to get more tomorrow...goody! Braydon had a few days off of work and schools were closed for 3 days straight. We weren't necessarily snowed in, but no one wanted to go anywhere because it was so bitterly cold outside. Needless to say, we ended up skipping therapy this week. I figured if the schools were closed, we didn't need to be out there either. I took a picture from our front door down our street to give you an idea of how much snow we got. We not only had snow, but the wind was gusting up to 50 mph one night. The brown house in the picture on the right-hand side of the street got a pretty big snow drift along side of their house. One our nurses tried to come in on Wednesday, but couldn't find her car in the snow!! All-in-all it's gotten much better. The roads aren't as slick as they were. We've been spending a lot of time inside being silly. We took pictures of Landon's hair this morning after Braydon gave him a spikey look. :)


I also got some pictures today of a glimpse into the future...Braydon taught Landon how to play a video game today...super, huh? Now I won't have to deal with just my husband, but my son too. :)



Here's a couple pictures of me and Braydon getting all dressed up like ninjas to go try to build a snowman. (The snow was too powdery.) If you are wondering...we didn't leave our 2 year old in the house alone. Our nurse took these pictures. :)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched Landon's new video and just WEPT with joy that he is recovering so well, and you guys are so wonderfully patient and kind with him. I'll keep all of you in my prayers and thoughts. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job with Landon's video. I couldn't be happier or more thankful for Landon's progress. I will never lose HOPE or FAITH in all three of you. It's been an amazing journey for you and all your family and friends, but mostly for our little Landon. He has such a strong spirit. He makes me smile when I see him. Can't wait to get back there and give him lots of hugs and kisses again.

Much love,
Mom/Nona

Kelly Koenig said...

Love the ninja look! And it was only a matter of time on the video game thing. I mean, hello?!! lol