Thursday, July 8, 2010

Success!!!!!

Tonight we had a big milestone for Landon. The past few months we've been trying to slowly introduce the potty to Landon. I've always been told that you know when a child is ready to be potty trained when they can tell you they have gone potty or bring you a diaper to change them. Well, we were lucky enough to get a child that doesn't care if he is wet or poopy...lucky us. So, I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should even try training him until he cares.

We've introduced a potty chair that fits on the big boy potty, and he didn't ever want to sit on it...EVER!! I always asked him if he wanted to go sit on it, but he wouldn't go. We've tried books, letting him watch us go, telling him he would be a big boy, and now we've moved onto bribing him with stickers. :) He was pretty motivated by them and sat on the potty a few times to get his precious stickers...but then he didn't care again. So, I backed off for a few days and then started reintroducing the idea to him. I tried to tell him to let me know when he needed to go. He just recently started bringing me or Braydon a diaper, but he hates the laying down part of the changing process. If it's not one thing, it's another. :)

So, tonight we were eating dinner, and Landon looked like he needed to go #2. I asked him if he was and he told me yes. So I tried the "Do you want to go sit on the potty?" line. I've tried this line so many times I've gotten used to him saying no, but tonight he said yes!!! So, I took advantage of the situation and took him upstairs and plopped him on the potty. We sang a couple of songs to relax him and he actually went!!!!!! I was so proud of him!!! I know it's just the first time, but I thought this day would NEVER come!!

Hooray for my little man that is turning into a big boy!! YAY!!!

No comments: