Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!


We've been terribly busy the past few weeks.

My mom came to visit for my birthday at the end of last month. It was good to see her. We did a little shopping and did some hanging out. A lot of good, quality girl time. :) I had a great birthday and I wanted to thank everyone for the cards and gifts. I realize what wonderful people I have in my life that care about me. It feels good to be loved. :) Thank you!

Landon enjoyed his "Nonna time". He recognized her and gave her lots of love the first day. My mom hung out with him and did a lot of his favorite activity...looking at books. Sometimes he likes you to read them to him, but most of the time he just wants you to keep him company while he looks through the pages. :)


Here's a picture of the first day my mom was here. Landon was showing her everything out the window...and giving her a little love. :) Sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy. I'm still learning how to use the different settings on my camera.


These two are showing just how much my boy likes books. It's pretty much all he likes to do. :) He was showing Nonna his stash of books in the cupboards...


And playing with Wubbzy stickers in the kitchen...


While my mom was here, Landon had a little bit of a cold. We took him to see Dr. LaCroix to see if there was any medicine she could prescribe for him. She just told us that he had a bad head cold and to give him a little Benedryl if he needed it. There were a few days that I didn't get a lot of sleep with getting up to suction him in the middle of the night, but as soon as the Benedryl started to kick in, he would sleep for a good while and started to feel better.

Unfortunately, Landon likes to share his germs. So, both of the nurses, and I got the same thing. It was a really bad cold...no wonder Landon didn't want to do anything but snuggle. We were all sick for about a week. Then, it was Braydon's turn. :) We had all of this going on at the same time that Joe was here to help us with the deck!!! Thankfully, as I was getting over my cold, Braydon was getting his. So Joe always had someone to help him. The boys did a good job getting things started and then I had the privilege of getting to help finish it....in the rain! Yes, if things couldn't get any worse, it started raining the day we were trying to finish. All. Day. Long. All three of us were ready for it to be over. However, we got some good pictures as things moved along. ...I have to upload those later, the website is down right now and being difficult. :)

Anyways, we've been enjoying the deck and have been trying to get out and enjoy it in between the rainstorms. :)

Other than that, we've been trying to slow down since we've had a crazy couple of weeks. My dad is planning on visiting in the next few weeks and helping us finish the stairs on the deck and put some shutters on the house. We've got projects galore! I'm just glad we have families that are willing to help us! A big THANK YOU to Joe who spent his time off helping us! He said to me that he needed "a vacation from his vacation"!

No comments: