Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Over the last few days...

Landon's doing so well this week. Last week when we saw Ashley, he was quick to show off his new skill of saying his "B" sound. That's all he really wanted to say. So, Ashley worked with it (which I love about her), and helped him to try to transition from one sound to another by saying short 2-word statements. He was doing really well with it and Ashley was happy to see that he had mastered the "B" sound.

On Saturday, we went over to our friend, Megan's, for a BBQ. There were a ton of other kids there for Landon to play with and watch. He did well joining in with the other kids chasing Megan's cat, Link. I was glad to see him want to join the other kids to play. He had fun and we did too.

On Monday, Braydon, Chuck and I went and bought two trees for our yard. We got an "October Glory" maple (the picture is in a post below) for the backyard. It will give us lots of shade when it gets bigger. We decided on a "White Flowering" Dogwood for the front yard. I didn't want to get anything too big or too stinky (like a Bradford Pear). I was reading up on them and they will have white flowers in the spring, green leaves in the summer, orange-red leaves in the fall, and then produce small berries for the birds to eat in late fall early winter. It's a cute little thing right now, but I have a picture of what it will eventually look like:



I'll take pictures sometime soon and post them.

We went to see Penny today and had a fun time trying to keep Landon from having a meltdown....I love this age. UGH!! He started out happy crawling through tunnels and under chairs. When she put that away, it all went downhill. She was trying to get him to walk up a couple of little stairs to play in front of a light wall that you could draw on with crayons....he didn't want to have anything to do with it. He had a complete meltdown. I have no idea what got him so worked up, but he cried and cried and cried some more. It was like we were cuttin' off his legs! I thought the light wall was cool...I wanted to play with it! :) I would like something like that though. :) In the end, we got him calmed down and he took a long nap from all that crying.

1 comment:

Megan Roberts said...

LOVE the tree choice!! I think there are dogwoods in the park by our house and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!