Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yummy! Yummy!

Good news!!

I talked to the dietician today from the clinic at Children's. She told me that Landon is doing really well with his eating. She told me he is getting 420 calories a day from the food that we've been giving him. I feel like that's pretty good considering that he's only eating 3 meals a day with no snacks. I think an average toddler is supposed to get 1,000 calories a day, but I think with a little bit of time, we'll catch up. :) The last time she calculated his calories we were only at 360, so we're steadily climbing!

She told me to take away a few more ounces of Pediasure from his diet so he will be getting 24 oz a day instead of the 26. We just have to make up the loss of the two ounces of Pediasure with water so he remains hydrated. Braydon and I are dreaming of the day when we can just put water into the machine and not have to measure out Pediasure. It sure will make things a lot easier. Of course, the ultimate goal will be to not have to use the machine at all, but we have to take baby steps. :)

So, right now I just have to do another food journal over the next couple of weeks, we will get Landon weighed, and the dietician will calculate everything out again. It's a big cycle. :) Braydon and I discussed adding in a snack somewhere during the day so we can sneak in some extra calories. I'm so proud of our little man!!! He's doing so well and we are so thankful for him!!!

Also, I spoke with Ashley and Chelli today and they asked me how I felt about taking Landon's therapy down to 3 days a week instead of 4. I've been hoping that they would say that over the past few months, but didn't want to take that learning time from Landon. They suggested it because they don't feel like he's getting any benefit anymore from the session they share on Wednesdays. They said that they would rather have individual sessions so they can concentrate on specialized things. I think they are right, and I think Landon will progress better with one less day of therapy. That way we have the option of doing a play date instead of therapy. He needs some time to socialize with other kids. We should be starting this not next week, but the following week.

So, lots of happy changes so far this month. Let's hope and pray they continue coming!!!! :)

No comments: