Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We got the go ahead...

Today we went to see Dr. Quinlan (ENT) to get the go ahead for Landon's surgery. When our name was called and I walked Landon into the exam room, he immediately started crying and pulling me to leave. He knew... I felt so bad.

Dr. Quinlan did his assessment and asked us some questions. He told us that Landon was looking great. He showed us some pictures that he had taken of Landon while he was sedated last summer. Looking at the pictures I noticed a big difference in the size of his tongue. It made me feel good that there really have been a lot of changes. I don't always get to notice them that much, so it was nice to get to see the progression. He also reminded me about Landon's tonsils. He said that they were rather big and could eventually get in the way of his breathing when we get to the point that we are going to take out his trach. So we will probably have to get those removed. He said that that will be an easy procedure and not to worry to much about that. I've never had my tonsils removed, so I don't really know if it would hurt a whole lot, but I'm sure with all the lasers and stuff they have now a days it will be a piece of cake.

We will get to go back to see Dr. Quinlan in a month after Landon's surgery. He wants to possibly put Landon under sedation this summer to take a really good look at the progression, but I think he might just be playing that by ear. That's all I got for today, but tomorrow is a trip to the speech therapist....

No comments: